Me

My photo
www.natashapage.com for me, art and photography.

Saturday 14 March 2009

Upcoming Collection

I'm writing this down as a statement of intent, because that way, if I tell all of you that I'm going to do it, it means that I'll have to see it through, because I hate to go back on my word.

Five years ago, when I was 18, and right in the middle of exam period at school, one of my best friends died suddenly of a brain heommorhage 4 days before her 18th birthday. I don't cope with death at all, and I never really felt like I'd mourned her properly - I just shut myself off from it. Now, I feel it's too late to mourn, and she wouldn't want that anyway. She was a rainbow of a person - literally and figuratively - she had this cardigan she loved that was rainbow coloured, and she had a passion for music and very small things like minature playing cards and the old fashioned minis.

So rather than mourn her now, I want to celebrate her life by doing a short series of paintings dedicated to her memory. They'll be like nothing I've ever done before, because they'll be in her favourite style, featuring her favourite thing. The style is a mixture of cubism and fauvism, and the focus will be a viola. It's been five years since she died, and I think it's high time I honoured her memory properly.

There. I've said it. Now watch this space.

No comments: