Me

My photo
www.natashapage.com for me, art and photography.

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Street Art

As I'm having a computer/admin day today,I thought I'd make a post about Street Art. I find this branch of art fascinating because I've always been brought up to believe graffiti is not only illegal, it's tacky and tasteless - something chav kids do because they have nothing better to do with their lives than make the beautiful ugly and to have their little gang culture tagging things going on. But sometimes, there are always a few who can elevate that to an art form. For example - Banksy.

Banksy is a british street artist. I have a feeling I'd seen quite a few pieces of his work dotted around before he was 'discovered' a couple of years ago and skyrocketed to fame. Here's a photo I dug out which was taken about 4 years ago in Highgate. I'm happy to say I no longer own those sunglasses. Those were a really bad move.




also, something I found on youtube. I wish I'd seen some of this guys work when I was in New York last year - I would have absolutely geeked out over it!

REALLY good idea!

No comments: