Me

My photo
www.natashapage.com for me, art and photography.

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Makeup Test: Day 3, Organic Glam & Sisley

First off, the circles this morning: image This is the last one I’m going to be posting for a while. I’m honestly not seeing one shred of difference with this stuff and it’s kinda pointless posting a photo of my naked undereyes every day so the next one I’ll post up will be on Sunday – give it a few days and see if there’s any difference there. Today I used the Organic Glam foundation in 03 and the Sisley concealer (you know the one where the sales assistant went for my eyes with her finger like a rabid seagull), and that was in shade 03. Which was pink.image

Please excuse the rollers. They were both so useless that I didn’t bother putting the rest  of my makeup on. The face I’m pulling is one of my many ‘unimpressed’ faces. I just scrubbed it off and re-did it with my usual cheapo Maybelline.

The organic stuff didn’t cover up a thing. It was a bit too dark for me anyway but it was like I was just slicking fake tan on my face. The formula was really thin and drippy – it felt light…. kind of like a runny moisturiser with fake tan in, and actually made me look worse than I looked without it. Those dark patches on my face aren’t there normally.

On the website it says “

Organic Glam Luminous Antioxidant Foundation: A luminous sheer foundation that gives a flawless radiant complexion. The formulation imparts a natural look that is light and comfortable to wear.  Antioxidants help protect the skin from pollution and free radical damage, while mineral colours correct imperfections leaving the skin fresh and luminous. This unique formula can be layered for light, medium or complete coverage resulting in a natural looking, radiant complexion, protected by antioxidants.”

And it clocks in at £29.31 for 40ml. The models on the website really do look like they’ve had makeup absolutely slapped on with a trowel. The website also boasts that this product won Gold on the Bridal Beauty Awards for ‘You and Your Wedding’ Magazine 2009. Good job a majority of brides wear veils. I personally would never buy this product, even if the shade was right for me because it simply just doesn’t cover up anything. I like that it’s organic – I like the principle of not wearing any more chemicals than necessary. The sales assistant gave me a catalogue that’s like 1cm thick and half of it is some fat long preachy list of chemicals commonly used in makeup that are apparently carcinogenics. Like I’m going to memorise 6542 different names for chemicals I can’t even pronounce let alone remember and then scour the backs of products searching for them.  I don’t think so.

I think there is a fine line between promoting organic products that are great for you – like Canterbury Whole Foods – when I lived in Canterbury I did a LOT of my shopping there – it was run by hippies who took your old plastic bags off you and reused them etc, and all the stuff was there and you were left to makeup your own mind about what you wanted – like a lifestyle choice. The other side of the organic market is the side I don’t like. The fashionable ‘ooh lets be organic and spend insane amounts of money on things’ side when, in essence you really don’t have to spend ludicrous sums of money to support local businesses and have organic stuff – and the ‘this chemical is bad it gives you cancer, if you drink coke you will get fat and die, this is why you need to use our product because we’re high and mighty and ORGANIC and you must bow down before us and worship us with your money’ preachy side. I don’t have people tell me what to do. If I want to find out what a certain chemical does, I’ll look it up. If I want to buy a foundation, I just want to buy something that works and looks good – I don’t need to be confronted by a ton of scientific technobabble that I don’t understand and frankly don’t care about in a preachy attempt to freak me out enough to spend an exorbitant amount of money on the product. The sales assistant was nice, but I don’t like the sales pitch the company is giving me.

The Sisley stuff was the wrong colour for a start, secondly it didn’t really cover anything up. Was light but a bit oily, and about £50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

hahahahaha

haha

ha

Or not. No wonder that woman came flying at me – bet she’d have got a fat commission for that. Blimey. The Lancôme stuff does a superior job of concealing to this stuff. and from this three day marathon of testing, it has come out triumphant. I really love that product and if I had £26 to spare, I’d definitely buy it.

Coming up.. kinda 1940s. Ish… ‘What I’m Wearing Today’, basically.

No comments: