Me

My photo
www.natashapage.com for me, art and photography.

Monday 23 November 2009

Makeup test: Day 1, MAC

11.00 AM

image image

I have to say I’m not overly impressed with MAC. I put on the foundation and the concealer. I was expecting, considering how everyone RAVES about MAC foundation etc that it would be like some little miracle in a bottle, but it really wasn’t. The concealer is ok – it conceals well but it’s quite thick and as you can see from the photo on the right settles into every little crevice in my skin and makes it look wrinkly, which I can assure you it isn’t. It’s great for covering blemishes but I don’t think I’d use it under my eyes again because it’s just too thick, and to be honest, under there,  my £1.99 stick of Boots Natural Collection concealer does just as good a job of brightening and concealing that area, if not better. It’s only been about 3 hours now – I’ll keep it on til about 4 or 5 and take a photo so you can see how it lasts (if it lasts). The foundation I thought was horrible. It’s really oily, it doesn’t really cover anything, let alone pores, and it just felt like I was smearing something really cheap on my face, like those awful  foundations by just-17. My face looked really greasy and I had to put a ton of powder on to take the shine off and now my face feels like it’s caked in theatrical makeup. I guess this product is ok if you like to slap it on with a trowel and wear tons of the stuff, but not for me. I don’t really like wearing makeup except for lipstick and around my eyes and maybe a little blusher on bare skin so if I have to wear something, I don’t want to feel it sitting on my face.

image    image

By about 5pm ^^^                                             and by 11:30pm ^^^

 

By about midday I’d scrubbed off all the foundation because it just turned my face to grease and my face has been really oily all day because of it. The concealer did stay put, I’ll credit it with that, but it was really cakey under my eyes.  So MAC is a no for me.

No comments: