Me

My photo
www.natashapage.com for me, art and photography.

Saturday 15 November 2008

Splurge

I'm at my happiest when I'm creating something. I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be, because I am SEVERELY out of practice. I did quite a few drawings last night and I'm swaying towards people at the moment - focussing on nudes and trying different styles... I think I'm going to go to some form of art gallery next week and take my sketchbook along to see what happens, and see what I can learn from the REAL artists :D heh heh.

here's what I did last night anyway - click on the pictures to make them bigger :)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I liked the shape this guy made

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Quick hand study

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Quick light study

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sheep skull from life (excuse the pun)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My poor attempt of a visual transcription of a Botticelli.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Judy Garland.

Also, discovered by random chance, this artist, who I quite like - she's still in school (?!) but She's way better than most pros that I see! I think I need to really do some work on drawing from life, it's something I've always found next to impossible to do... the only 'life drawing' I've done in the load above is the skull. The rest of it is just pictures I've found on the internet or in books. Can't really compare nature to photographs can you.

No comments: