Me

My photo
www.natashapage.com for me, art and photography.

Monday 20 October 2008

Dried up.

Sorry there's not been anything to read about for a while - I've been housebound for a few weeks now, so I haven't really had anything to write about. On the flipside, I'm currently churning my way through my photos on my external hardrive.... there is about 6 years worth of them, so It's going to take me a little while yet, but keep your eyes peeled on the gallery on my website in the very near future, as there will be more things headed its way. Secondly, I'm orf to see some form of play with Michael Gambon on Thursday (probably) so expect some form of feedback on it here! I don't actually know what it is - the fact that it has Michael Gambon in it is good enough for me!

I've also started painting again... sort of. I'm still in love with Alec Egan's expressionist style work, so I've decided to try to break out of my little box and try something different. It's hard!!! it's a LOT harder than I ever expected it would be! I've done a painting of Times Square and tried to do another one, but I gave up half way through - which is unusual for me, because I never leave paintings unfinished! I just don't like it - I can't put my finger on why. I'll post both, and let you do the judging I think. Let me know if I should finish it or not!



That's the first one. Some of my friends have said:

"I like it. It's kind of like a city in turmoil but no matter how terrible things may get it remains vibrant with its culture and people and it never stops moving."

"Oooo I could tell it was Times Square right away! It's so bright and colourful, but it also looks like a city in turmoil. Sort of creepy and happy at the same time"

and

"I know this is too much analysis of your fun quickly done painting. BUT the curviness of the buildings reminds me of the movie Dark City "

Well.. I guess this means it's a success, right? if it's ilicited some form of response, but the darkness? that was something I wasn't expecting! the curvy lines are because I can't draw straight lines if my life depended on it so I thought if they were going to be wonky, they should look deliberately so! LOL ah well..

secondly - and this is the one I can't bring myself to finish:



I dunno about you, but to me, it looks like something a 5 year old would do. Should I finish it?





Hope all my readers are keeping well,
Tash,
x

No comments: